A Rhode Island fisherman said he caught a great white shark just off the coast of a popular beach on Sunday.
Michael Lorello posted videos of the shark on Facebook Sunday afternoon, saying the great white shark was caught ¾ of a mile off Misquamicut Beach, in Westerly, R.I.
In the video, he says the shark is about 6 feet long.
After it was caught, the fisherman put the shark back into the ocean.
He said in a Facebook comment that he's never caught a great white shark near Misquamicut before.
- Fisherman catches great white shark off coast of Misquamicut Beach
- Legendary great white shark filmed swimming with divers off Hawaii
- Coast Guard rescues fisherman after big wave capsizes boat
- Fisherman's monster catch off Oregon Inlet breaks North Carolina record
- Florida fisherman finds floating marijuana brick off beach
- Researchers are tracking a great white shark in Long Island Sound
- Great white sharks are invading Cape Cod just in time for the Fourth of July
- Body of missing fisherman Nik Kayler found
- Friends mourn loss of missing fisherman
- Shark bites woman's canoe