A Marion County Sheriff's Office detective was arrested on Thursday for theft.
The sheriff's office said they received information from the Salem Police Department regarding Sean Banks and potential criminal activity in March.
Upon further information, the sheriff's office asked Salem police to conduct an investigation.
Banks was arrested for one count of theft by taking, four counts of theft by selling and one count of official misconduct, and was been booked at the Linn County Jail.
Banks was placed on administrative leave on July 12.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Deputies: Detective arrested for theft
- Neighbor turns into detective after repeat thefts
- Mysterious radio waves detected from space
- Deputies arrest 21 in online predator operation
- 7 arrested in string of thefts across several Michigan counties
- Man arrested in bed on 1989 car theft
- Slain Baltimore Detective Sean Suiter implicated in GTTF case
- Scientists detect 'fingerprint' of first light ever in the universe
- Body found identified as missing mother; Detectives investigating as homicide