A woman was struck by lightning Thursday evening at Country Thunder in Twin Lakes, the Kenosha County Sheriff's Department said.
The woman was holding her cellphone when she was hit. A bolt struck her in the ear and went through her body.
The woman, 22-year-old Brittney N. Prehn, of Illinois, was identified Friday morning.
She was seriously injured and was taken to Northern Illinois Medical
Center for treatment and has since been moved to Loyola University Medical Center.
- Woman struck by lightning identified
- Sheriff's Office identifies woman struck by lightning
- The shocking moment lightning struck a boat in South Boston
- Lightning struck a house and caused this toilet to explode
- Woman in wheelchair struck by Coaster train
- Utah man struck by lightning shares his story, discusses road to recovery
- Rosenstein is a lightning rod
- The power of lightning -- and prayer
- Teen survives lightning strike at cabin
- US struck Syria without certainty on sarin