(CNN) -- President Donald Trump said Trump he has accepted the resignation of Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt. "I have accepted the resignation of Scott Pruitt as the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency. Within the Agency Scott has done an outstanding job, and I will always be thankful to him for this. The Senate confirmed Deputy at EPA, Andrew Wheeler, will on Monday assume duties as the acting Administrator of the EPA. I have no doubt that Andy will continue on with our great and lasting EPA agenda. We have made tremendous progress and the future of the EPA is very bright!" Trump tweeted Thursday.
- EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt resigns
- URGENT - Trump says EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt resigns
- EPA chief Scott Pruitt resigns
- Pelosi calls on EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt to resign
- EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt suggests climate change could benefit humans
- Key steps that Administrator Scott Pruitt has taken at EPA
- Two of Scott Pruitt's top aides resign amid EPA scrutiny
- Scott Pruitt's nightmare week
- EPA spent $30,000-plus on security detail for Administrator Scott Pruitt's Italy trip
- Republican Sen. John Kennedy: EPA Administrator Scott Pruitt 'acting like a moron'