One man pushed the limits while hiding from police in a hot attic of a Smyrna hotel on Tuesday.
The Cobb County Sheriff's Office SWAT Unit was involved in a standoff at the Araamda Inn on South Cobb Drive in Smyrna.
Christopher Dean, 40, was wanted for obstruction but is facing much more serious charges after he wouldn't give himself up to police.
Officers searched nearly every square inch of the facility but were unable to find him. K9 units were brought in, hoping to sniff the man out but were still unsuccessful.
Police later found their man when it was discovered that Dean had been hiding in the attic of the building, braving sauna-like temperatures for nearly six hours.
When Dean was brought down, he was covered in insulation.
- Man endures hours in intense heat during SWAT standoff Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/38406846/cobb-county-sheriffs-office-swat-in-standoff-at-araamda-inn-in-symrna#ixzz5IKAbNWSE
- Man endures hours in intense heat during SWAT standoff
- SWAT standoff results in arrest
- Gwinnett Co. SWAT standoff ends in suicide
- Phoenix couple's home destroyed during carjacking suspect's standoff with SWAT
- Insurance won't cover Phoenix couple's home damaged in SWAT standoff
- Fans, colleagues across metro Atlanta remember anchor Amanda Davis Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/37150826/metro-atlanta-remembers-anchor-amanda-davis#ixzz52fqqFQkl
- Officer won't face charges in Kansas swatting death
- Woman's body found in food court of Gwinnett Place Mall Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/37173754/womans-body-found-in-food-court-of-gwinnett-place-mall#ixzz538bnlHw3
- Cyberattack continues to wreak havoc on city of Atlanta Read more: http://www.cbs46.com/story/37806583/cyberattack-continues-to-wreak-havoc-on-city-of-atlanta#ixzz5As4LSXKx