(CNN) -- President Donald Trump has commuted the sentence of Alice Marie Johnson, a first-time non-violent drug offender, two White House officials told CNN, a week after Kim Kardashian West pleaded her case during an Oval Office meeting with Trump. Johnson has already served 21 years of a life sentence after she was convicted on charges of conspiracy to possess cocaine and attempted possession of cocaine, according to the nonprofit Can-Do, which advocates for clemency for non-violent drug offenders. She is expected to be released from prison soon.
- Trump commutes sentence of Alice Marie Johnson
- URGENT - Trump commutes sentence of Alice Marie Johnson
- Alice Marie Johnson 'thankful' to Trump for commuting sentence
- Trump conmuta la pena de Alice Marie Johnson, como le pidió Kim Kardashian
- Alice Marie Johnson to President Trump: 'I am going to make you proud'
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- Trump issues his first commutation
- Trump commutes sentence of former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich
- URGENT - Michael Flynn sentencing postponed