CNN's "New Day" co-anchor John Berman called out President Donald Trump's attorneys Monday over the White House's shifting statements on Donald Trump Jr.'s 2016 meeting with Russians at Trump Tower.
Berman likened the revelation that Trump "dictated" a misleading statement about the meeting to The New York Times to "a writhing hydra of dishonesty."
"You chop off one lie, and two more emerge in its place," he added.
To make the point, he played a series of clips showing Trump attorney Jay Sekulow and White House press secretary Sarah Sanders denying Trump dictated the statement. Then, he played one of Trump's lawyers and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani saying the team's "recollection keeps changing."
"It seems, Mr. Mayor, the biggest failure in recollection was the recollection to actually tell the truth," Berman concluded.
- CNN anchor calls out Trump team's 'writhing hydra of dishonesty'
- CNN anchors debate Giuliani's 'truth' remark
- CNN anchors report outside after evacuation
- Trump's Ukraine dishonesty barrage continues. He made 96 false claims last week
- CNN anchor writes open letter about immigrants to Trump
- CNN analyst: Trump is hamstringing his team
- CNN anchors reflect on the life of Anthony Bourdain
- Two powerful lessons CNN anchor Fredricka Whitfield learned from horses
- Former CNN anchor Bobbie Battista dead at 67
- Former CNN anchor Bobbie Battista has died at 67