(CNN) -- The Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday released nearly 2,000 pages of transcripts from interviews the panel conducted with Donald Trump Jr. and other participants of a June 2016 Trump Tower meeting. The release of the Trump Tower transcripts and hundreds of pages of related materials provides the most comprehensive view yet into the circumstances surrounding the controversial meeting and the details of the roughly 20-minute encounter, in which Trump Jr., Trump son-in-law Jared Kusher and then-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort were expecting dirt on Hillary Clinton from Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya. The meeting -- and whether President Donald Trump's knew about it -- has become a central focus of special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election, as well as the congressional Russia investigations. Trump Jr. has told House investigators that he did not communicate with his father about the meeting before it happened. The White House has said the President weighed in on a misleading statement his son issued after the meeting became publicly known, more than a year later.
(CNN) -- The Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday released nearly 2,000 pages of transcripts from interviews the p...
Posted: May 16, 2018 12:28 PM
Updated: May 16, 2018 12:29 PM
- URGENT - Senate panel releases Trump Tower meeting transcripts
- Trump Tower transcripts give Mueller more fodder
- Five takeaways from the Trump Tower transcripts
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- URGENT - President urged to stop tweeting on Trump Tower meeting
- Trump Tower transcripts detail quest for dirt on Hillary Clinton
- URGENT - Trump disputes Cohen claim he knew of Trump Tower meeting
- House GOP releases Comey interview transcript
- White House corrects DACA meeting transcript
Scroll for more content...