A fire at the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden Monday evening summoned 40 firefighters and caused $75,000 in damage but did not harm any humans or animals, according to District Fire Chief Randal Freel.
The fire started in a restaurant food smoker around 5:25., Freel said. The zoo closes at 5 on Mondays, so there was no danger to customers.
Crews spent 15 minutes containing the blaze. Although the Fire Investigative Unit had also been called to the scene, crews had not identified the cause of the fire by 9 p.m. Monday.
- Cincinnati Zoo fire causes $75,000 in damage, no one injured
- HealthCare.gov system hack leaves 75,000 individuals exposed
- Toddler injured after rhino encounter at zoo
- Cincinnati Zoo's 16-year-old gorilla Anju dies of 'totally unexpected' congenital heart condition
- Shooting incident reported in Cincinnati
- Tiroteo en Cincinnati: detienen al sospechoso
- Cincinnati police release video of shooting
- Gun-control group says they've seen 75,000 new volunteers since the Florida school shooting
- Zoo welcomes new baby sloth
- Catholic Mass attendance in Cincinnati declines again in 2017