A 10-year-old boy died on Friday morning, April 27 after being run over by a school bus in Poplar Bluff, Missouri.
According to Sgt. Clark Parrott with the Missouri State Highway Patrol, the student tripped and fell in front of the bus driven by a 39-year-old driver headed southbound on Crestwood Drive just after 7:09 a.m.
Parrott said the boy missed the bus and was running to catch up when he tripped and ended up under the wheels. He said there were other students on the bus at the time.
The boy was taken to an area hospital where he died just before 7:44 a.m.
The Poplar Bluff School District released a statement on Friday. They said there will be a crisis center was at the Middle School Media Center for students, parents and staff. Grief counselors will also be available.
- 10-year-old boy dies after tripping, falling under school bus
- 10-year-old boy rescued from Mill Creek Falls by firefighters later dies at hospital
- 10-year-old hurt by broken glass after school bus windows shot
- 10-year-old boy and dog share special bond, birthday
- 10-year-old Boy Hides from Burglar, Calls 911
- 10-Year-Old Boy Crashes Car During Interstate Joyride
- 10-Year-Old Boy Crashes Foster Parent's Car During Interstate Joyride
- 10-year-old hockey player dies from sudden illness
- 8-year-old boy dies after hit by school bus in North Omaha
- Hero 10-year-old boy follows man who took his 6-year-old sister from Brooklyn school