Police say a 27-year-old man was arrested in connection with the fatal hit and run of an 8-year-old boy with autism.
He was taken into custody in Ecorse during a traffic stop in the area of Southfield and Jefferson.
Brandyn Starks was struck on April 21 after he slipped out of the house without his parents knowing to go to a nearby park.
He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. Witnesses saw an older model, green Chevy Tahoe with tinted windows drive through a red light, striking Brandyn.
Police say they are still looking for the vehicle.
Brandyn was the youngest of five children. His funeral will be held Friday at 1 p.m. at the Trinity Chapel on Fort Street. His father made a GoFundMe for funeral arrangements here.
- Man arrested in connection with hit-and-run that killed 8-year-old boy in Detroit
- Man arrested in connection with hit-and-run that killed bicyclist
- Questions after 8-year-old migrant boy dies
- Man Sentenced to Death in 'Evil' Torture Killing of 8-Year-Old Boy
- 14-year-old boy killed during hit and run
- Two people killed in Detroit plane crash
- 8-year-old boy dies after hit by school bus in North Omaha
- Detroit man shot and killed while live on Instagram
- 8-year-old Guatemalan boy dies in US custody
- Homeless man denied room at Detroit hotel