President Donald Trump mocked Democrats for their lawsuit against his presidential campaign, among others, and suggested Republicans could use it to their advantage.
"So funny, the Democrats have sued the Republicans for Winning. Now he R's counter and force them to turn over a treasure trove of material, including Servers and Emails!," the President tweeted Saturday afternoon.
On Friday, the Democratic National Committee filed a lawsuit against the Trump campaign, Russia, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange and others, alleging a wide-reaching conspiracy intended to interfere in the 2016 presidential campaign to the detriment of the Democratic Party.
Trump, who also tweeted about the issue Friday night, appears to believe that Republicans may be able to use the lawsuit to compel Democrats to turn over information, including emails and computer servers.
The DNC "rebuffed" a request made by the FBI to examine its computer servers, CNN reported in January of last year, citing a senior law enforcement official.
Trump tweeted at the time, "So how and why are they so sure about hacking if they never even requested an examination of the computer servers? What is going on?"
The US intelligence community has concluded that Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an "influence campaign" with the goal of interfering in the 2016 presidential election and hurting Hillary Clinton's chances of winning.
- Trump mocks DNC lawsuit: 'Democrats have sued the Republicans for Winning'
- Democrat addresses criticism over DNC co-chair
- Tom Perez defends DNC lawsuit against Trump campaign, Russia, Assange
- Congressional Democrats could lose their status as DNC superdelegates
- DNC names Mary Beth Cahill interim CEO
- Hillary Clinton will headline 3 DNC fundraisers
- Democratic lawmaker suggests mock 'hearings' for Trump accusers
- Donald Trump Jr. compares DNC to Nazi Party
- DNC chair on immigration ad: Trump at his worst
- DNC alleges Secret Service blocked it from serving lawsuit to Jared Kushner