(CNN) -- A Dutch lawyer tied to former Trump deputy campaign chairman Rick Gates who admitted to lying to special counsel Robert Mueller's team was sentenced Tuesday to 30 days in jail and ordered to pay a $20,000 fine. Alex van der Zwaan is the first person to be sentenced in Mueller's investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election. The Dutch lawyer pleaded guilty to lying to Mueller's team in February and faced up to six months in prison.
(CNN) -- A Dutch lawyer tied to former Trump deputy campaign chairman Rick Gates who admitted to lying to special cou...
Posted: Apr 3, 2018 4:47 PM
Updated: Apr 3, 2018 4:47 PM
- URGENT - Dutch lawyer sentenced to 30 days in Mueller probe
- Dutch lawyer is first person to be sentenced in Mueller probe, gets 30 days in prison
- Dutch lawyer who pleaded guilty in Mueller probe serving sentence in Pennsylvania
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- URGENT - Giuliani says Mueller could end obstruction probe by September
- Former White House lawyer: Mueller probe isn't a witch hunt
- Mueller's office defends deal with Dutch lawyer to waive public records rights
- URGENT - Dowd resigns as Trump's lawyer
- URGENT - Michael Flynn sentencing postponed
Scroll for more content...