(CNN) -- Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe on Friday just two days shy of his retirement, ending the career of an official who rose to serve as second in command at the bureau. He had, more recently, been regularly taunted by President Donald Trump and besieged by accusations that he misled internal investigators at the Justice Department. McCabe had been expected to retire this Sunday, on his 50th birthday, when he would have become eligible to receive early retirement benefits. But Friday's termination could now place a portion of his anticipated pension, earned after over two decades of service, in significant jeopardy.
(CNN) -- Attorney General Jeff Sessions fired former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe on Friday just two days shy of...
Posted: Mar 18, 2018 9:39 AM
Updated: Mar 18, 2018 9:39 AM
- URGENT - Ex-FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe fired
- URGENT - FBI Deputy Director McCabe stepping down
- Sessions fires former FBI Deputy Director McCabe
- FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe steps down abruptly
- Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe has a book deal
- Ex-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe is fired -- and fires back
- READ: Former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe's statement on his firing
- Legal defense fund site set up for former FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe
- Former FBI Deputy Director McCabe's book release pushed to February
- URGENT -
Scroll for more content...