An Amber Alert has been issued for two suburban children taken by their father after their mother was shot and killed at a gas station.
The alert was issued for 2-year-old Jordyn Washington and 3-year-old Lynn Roby, who have been missing since early Wednesday. Police said they believe the children were taken by their father, Lynn Washington.
A protection order prohibits him from having contact with the children.
Police say Washington was arguing with the kids' mother, Lakisha Roby, when she was shot and killed at a gas station in Markham early Wednesday morning.
Wednesday afternoon, Washington then picked up the kids, who were staying with a family friend.
Washington is wanted for questioning in the murder of Lakisha.
Lynn Washington is described as a black man, 40 years old, 5 feet 9 inches and about 180 pounds. He has tattoos on his neck, left arm, right arm and chest.
They were last seen in a silver 2004 or 2005 Chevrolet Malibu or Impala.
He is considered armed and dangerous.
Anyone with information is asked to call police.
- Amber Alert issued for two children after mother shot, killed
- Amber Alert issued for 13-year-old Wisconsin girl after parents found dead
- Amber Alert issued for a 3-year-old girl abducted at a birthday party in Alabama
- 22 years later, Amber Hagerman's legacy lives on through AMBER Alert
- 7-month-old baby at center of Amber Alert found dead
- Amber Alert issued for 5-year-old girl in New Jersey who may have been abducted from playground
- Mother, 2 children killed in Christmas Day shooting
- Police say mother & 2 children killed, 3 other children injured, suspect dead
- What Mother's Day means for mothers of incarcerated children
- Wisconsin is close to creating an Amber Alert-like system for missing veterans