Four teenagers are accused of bringing a loaded weapon onto school grounds Wednesday at Lee's Summit High School.
Landon Mikle (18), Tynan Mullen (18), Tanner Nicholson (17) and Scott Ryan (19) have all been charged with unlawful use of a weapon.
Court documents state the four defendants were seen in the parking lot at the high school.
A student told their parents about seeing men in the parking lot with guns. A School Resource Officer was alerted and the police department tracked the suspect's vehicle to a home.
Police searched the vehicle and discovered multiple weapons, including an AR-15 rifle.
A $50,000 bond has been requested by prosecutors.
The Lee's Summit Missouri Police Department released the following statement about the incident.
- 4 teens accused of bringing loaded weapon onto school property
- Middle school student arrested for bringing loaded firearm onto school campus in Hillsborough County
- Student arrested for having loaded gun at school
- Spotify's secret weapon
- Rapper Juelz Santana arrested for allegedly bringing loaded gun to airport
- Student found with loaded gun in classroom
- US set to accuse Iran of violating chemical weapons treaty
- Iraq Weapons Inspections Fast Facts
- When chemical weapons killed 90,000
- Teen boy accused in Kentucky school shooting indicted as adult