(CNN) -- The US State Department's top diplomat in charge of North Korea policy is retiring at the end of the week. Joseph Yun, who is in his early 60s, told CNN: "It was completely my decision to retire at this time." He said Secretary of State Rex Tillerson accepted his resignation "with regret." Yun was appointed as the US special representative for North Korea policy by the Obama administration in October 2016. He was instrumental in securing the release of Otto Warmbier when he went to North Korea to pick him up last June.
(CNN) -- The US State Department's top diplomat in charge of North Korea policy is retiring at the end of the week. J...
Posted: Feb 27, 2018 11:06 AM
Updated: Feb 27, 2018 11:06 AM
- URGENT - US State Department's top North Korea diplomat to retire this week
- US' top North Korea diplomat announces surprise retirement
- US to review North Korea travel ban, top diplomat says
- URGENT - north korea south hotline
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- North Korea calls hotline to South Korea in diplomatic breakthrough
- North Korea's go-to diplomat: What you need to know
- North Korea rejecting US proposals in diplomatic standoff
- URGENT - Trump greets 3 Americans freed by North Korea
Scroll for more content...