Two men, including a former teacher at a Harlem school, were arrested Thursday, accused of building bombs in the Bronx, a federal criminal complaint says.
Christian Toro, the former teacher, and Tyler Toro are charged with manufacturing a destructive device and the distribution of explosive materials to a minor.
Authorities found bomb-making materials, including metal spheres and chemicals to make the explosive material thermite, after executing a search warrant on the Toros' apartment.
Both suspects have been arraigned and remanded on the charges, two sources with direct knowledge of the case told CNN.
Developing story - more to come
- Feds arrest two Bronx men in bomb-making case
- Bronx fire death toll up to 13
- Feds announce arrest in Don Jr. threat letter case
- 13-year-old arrested for bringing bomb-making materials to school
- Incendio en Bronx, Nueva York, deja varias personas heridas
- Soldier, immigrant from Ghana, dies rescuing neighbors in Bronx fire
- Trump supporter disrupts De Niro's 'Bronx Tale' musical on Broadway
- The big question in the bomb case
- Teen arrested, 4 in custody in machete murder of 15-year-old Bronx boy, law enforcement source says
- Feds drop charges against ex-boyfriend of woman killed by package bomb