(CNN) -- Several diplomatic sources with deep knowledge of North Korea's intentions say there is a "good chance" Kim Yo Jong, the sister of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, will extend an invitation to South Korean President Moon Jae-in to visit Pyongyang "sometime this year." The invitation could be made at a scheduled welcome luncheon on Saturday between Moon and Kim Yo Jong. While the sources say "nothing is final," a potential date for a trip could be August 15, the day Korea was liberated from Japanese occupation in 1945, a holiday marked by both Koreas.
(CNN) -- Several diplomatic sources with deep knowledge of North Korea's intentions say there is a "good chance" Kim ...
Posted: Feb 9, 2018 8:17 AM
Updated: Feb 9, 2018 8:18 AM
- URGENT - 'Good chance' South Korean President will be invited to North Korea
- 'Good chance' South Korean President will be invited to North Korea
- URGENT - north korea south hotline
- Kim Jong Un invites South Korean President Moon to Pyongyang
- URGENT - North and South Korean leaders meet again
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- South Korea to send envoy to North following Olympics invitation
- South Korean President Moon hints at three-way US, North Korea talks
- Trump and South Korean President Moon talk ahead of North Korea meeting
Scroll for more content...