Lancaster City Police have identified the suspect as Hung Pouoc Nguyen, 44, of Lancaster. After the initial release of the sketch of the suspect, some investigators and officers recognized the physical description and modus operandi as Nguyen's, police say.
While the sketch provided appeared amateurish, police say, it helped jog the memory of at least one investigator, who was able to provide Nguyen's name as a suspect. Police showed the witness a photo array, and the witness identified Nguyen as the person who pretended to be the standholder and took the money.
Nguyen was charged with two counts of theft by unlawful taking, and a warrant was issued for his arrest.
Police checked Nguyen's last known address, but he was not located.
- Police identify theft suspect from hand-drawn sketch
- The FBI wants help identifying the women in a confessed serial killer's hand drawn portraits of his victims
- State Police release a sketch in hopes of identifying remains found back in September
- Swastikas drawn on Polish embassy in Israel
- Police release sketch of a suspect in Pakistani girl's rape, murder
- Houston police release sketch and photos of suspect in killing of George H.W. Bush's cardiologist
- Police release sketch, video of suspect in Cal State Fullerton stabbing death
- Amid seizures, man sketched his 'beautiful' hallucinations
- Synagogue shooting suspect identified
- UPDATE: Police identify suspect in mother's death