One man is dead after being hit by a car when crossing the street, according to Virginia Beach Police.
Dispatchers received a call at around 8 a.m. Saturday morning that an accident had occurred involving a pedestrian and a vehicle in the 900 block of Lynnhaven Parkway, near Cherie Drive.
Police confirmed that the vehicle operator was driving their 2008 BMW sedan northbound on Lynnhaven Parkway when the man was hit crossing the same road.
Lanes going both northbound and southbound on Lynnhaven Parkway were closed for a period of time, but re-opened.
The operator of the vehicle was charged with having a suspended operator's license, a traffic infraction.
There is no further information on the accident and it is under investigation.
- Fatal accident in Virginia Beach involving pedestrian and vehicle
- Surprise homecoming for Virginia Beach students
- Six people shot at Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Three shot at Virginia Beach Oceanfront during College Beach Weekend
- Reality TV star pleads guilty to charges stemming from fatal Virginia Beach crash
- 70-year-old grandmother dead after Virginia Beach house fire
- Dog shot during Virginia Beach armed burglary reunited with owner
- Busted pipes affect Virginia Beach, Portsmouth animal shelters
- Virginia Beach man named champion Hardee's biscuit maker
- Virginia Beach man accused of conspiring to kill police officer