After a video of a Noblesville high school student chanting racial slurs with a Nazi flag draped over his shoulders went viral, the student captured in that video is apologizing for his actions.
Mat Blood, 17, says it started with a dare that was captured on video and placed on social media - from there, it blew up.
"They dared me to do something - I did it - I really never back out from a dare," said Blood.
Blood said he was hanging out with his friends at Forest Park when he made the racial slurs but now that the video has gone viral - he regrets them - and the trouble they've caused.
"I'm sincerely ashamed," said Blood. "I wish I wouldn't have done it."
Blood said he lost his job because of the video and he's worried that his parents might too. He's also worried about his future.
"I planned to join the army, but that's probably not gonna happen now," said Blood. "I'm sorry for all the people I've offended. I'm ashamed of myself. There's no question about it. My family's ashamed of me."
The Noblesville High School Administration is now looking into the incident but would not say whether or not disciplinary action would be taken.
"We are aware of the ugly social media post that has been circulating recently. We do not condone this type of behavior and are passionate about creating an environment where all our students and staff feel respected. We are addressing this issue with the students in question."
- Teen 'ashamed' after video of him chanting racial slurs & wearing Nazi flag goes viral
- Meteorologist fired for racial slur on air
- New York meteorologist fired after using racial slur on air
- A UGA fraternity was suspended over a video mocking slavery that included a racial slur
- Jeff Sessions repeats 'lock her up' chant
- Video Of Officer Boxing With Texas Teen Goes Viral
- Child called racial slur, spat on by firefighter at Overland Park Hooters
- After online racial slurs, calls for Miami University to do better on diversity
- KC firefighter found not guilty of spitting on child at Hooters, using racial slur
- Tampa man holding sign with racial slur charged with attack using a deadly weapon