Ivanka Trump praised Oprah Winfrey's speech at the Golden Globes in a tweet Monday night, calling it "empowering."
The White House senior adviser and daughter of President Donald Trump tweeted, "Just saw @Oprah's empowering & inspiring speech at last night's #GoldenGlobes. Let's all come together, women & men, & say #TIMESUP! #United"
Winfrey made waves at the award ceremony with her speech Sunday night
In the past, she has denied any interest in running for office
Winfrey's speech had made waves at the Golden Globes on Sunday evening and fueled speculation that the influential media mogul could have her sights set on a possible 2020 presidential run -- challenging Ivanka Trump's father.
Responding to that idea Monday, White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said: "We welcome the challenge, whether it be Oprah Winfrey or anybody else."
In the past, Winfrey has denied interest in running for office, but her impassioned remarks about the #MeToo movement and forward-looking tone didn't do much to put rest to the rumors that she could throw her hat in the 2020 ring.
And according to three of Winfrey's close friends who requested anonymity to speak freely, Winfrey is "actively thinking" about running for president in 2020.
A spokesperson for OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network declined CNN's request for comment on her intentions.
- Ivanka Trump praises Oprah Winfrey's Golden Globes speech in tweet
- Read Oprah Winfrey's rousing Golden Globes speech
- Gillibrand: Oprah's Golden Globes speech was 'powerful'
- Oprah Winfrey Fast Facts
- 5 things for January 8: Golden Globes, Oprah Winfrey, Donald Trump
- Oprah's Golden Globes speech sends Weight Watchers stock soaring
- Oprah Winfrey to receive Cecil B. DeMille Award at Golden Globes
- Oprah Winfrey reacts to President Trump calling her 'insecure'
- How Meryl Streep's Golden Globes speech set awards Trump template
- Golden Globe nominees announced