A Boise man has been booked into the Ada County Jail after Boise Police investigators say he used a screwdriver and a pair of scissors during an assault on a woman.
Tyler M. Schroeder, 37, was charged with felony aggravated assault.
Members of the Boise Police Neighborhood Contact Unit and the U.S. Marshal's Task Force say they received information that a man suspected of assaulting a woman was staying in a hotel room on the 2200 block of West Airport Way.
Officers were able to locate the suspect -– later identified as Schroeder -- Tuesday afternoon and take him into custody.
About 2:00 p.m. On Thursday, December 28, officials say multiple witnesses called Ada County dispatch to report an assault which was occurring inside a moving vehicle in the downtown Boise area.
Officers found the vehicle at Avenue E and Logan Street, along with the female victim.
Police say a man who knew the victim was driving the vehicle when he became angry and assaulted the woman -- at one point, threatening her with scissors and a screwdriver, "causing her to fear for her safety," according to a Boise Police Department news release.
The man reportedly then fled the vehicle. Officers searched the area, but lost him.
- Police: Man used scissors, screwdriver in assault
- Women stabbed with screwdriver inside school cafeteria
- This 12-year-old is the Rock Paper Scissors champion of the world
- After being attacked with a knife and scissors, 'miracle babies' are thriving
- Soccer referee suspended for using rock, paper, scissors to decide kickoff
- Police: Man Sexually Assaults 6-Year-Old Boy Inside Library
- PD: Man assaulted, strangled pregnant girlfriend
- Man allegedly assaulted girlfriend over video games
- Man, 94, assaulted during dispute in Queens
- Avenatti: Country under assault by con man