(CNN) -- At least 40 people were killed Thursday in a suicide bomb attack in Afghanistan's capital Kabul, according to authorities. Another 30 people were injured in the attack, Afghan Interior Ministry spokesman Nasrat Rahimi told CNN. The attack happened around 10:30 a.m. local time and targeted a cultural center in Police District 6 in Kabul. The initial suicide blast was followed by two more explosions, Rahimi said. The Taliban denied responsibility for the attack in a statement to the media released by the group's spokesman, Zabiullah Mojahid.
(CNN) -- At least 40 people were killed Thursday in a suicide bomb attack in Afghanistan's capital Kabul, according t...
Posted: Dec 28, 2017 3:19 PM
Updated: Dec 28, 2017 3:19 PM
- URGENT - Dozens killed in multiple blasts in Kabul
- Kabul attack: Teens targeted, dozens killed in suicide blast
- ISIS suicide bombing in Kabul kills dozens
- Suicide blast in Kabul kills at least 10
- Kabul wedding hall blast kills 50, Afghan officials say
- URGENT -
- URGENT -
- URGENT - US citizens among dead in Kabul hotel attack
- Blast kills 29 near Sakhi shrine in Kabul, Afghan officials say
- Two journalists among 20 killed in wrestling club blasts in Kabul
Scroll for more content...