BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - The welding course at Northeast Mississippi Community College is offering students a chance to build their own future.
One student, Michael Prather, is focused on completing this course to make a better life for his family and himself.
“I work in a factory, so I don’t make a lot of money," he said. "Welding will give me a skill that I can use anywhere."
He is also hoping to be a great example for his children and learning a skill he can pass down for generations.
“Welding is something that I can give to my grandkids, and I want to encourage my son to learn as much as he can."
At NEMCC, students go through a 12-week interactive course to teach them the ends and outs of the trade.
No experience is necessary to sign up, and it is preferred by the course instructor, Anthony Hardin.
“No experience is my preference; that way I don’t have any bad habits to break," he said.
Prather will complete the course in a few weeks and hopes to one day own his own business.
If you’re ready to take charge of your life, you can sign up for the course by calling 662-720-7277.
- Skilled to Work: Welding at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work - Collision Repair Technology at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work: Tiger Apprenticeship Program at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work: NEMCC partners with New Way
- Skilled to Work: Truck drivers learn at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work: Information Systems Technology at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work: Drafting, Design, and 3D Modeling at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work: Robotics
- Skilled to Work: Furniture manufacturing
- Skilled To Work: Industrial Maintenance