BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Northeast Mississippi Community College (NEMCC) offers a monthly seminar for the ServSafe certification.
This certificate allows restaurants to operate in the state of Mississippi.
“If you don’t have this certification, you will be shut down," Christy Grissom said.
Grissom is the instructor of the seminar at NEMCC.
She said students learn a range of topics during the course of the day.
Participants do not have to be a student at the college to attend the course.
The seminar is from 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and costs $150. The cost includes study materials.
Once you pass the exam, your certificate is eligible for 5 years.
To sign up for the seminar at NEMCC, contact the Continuing Education Office at 662-720-7296.
- Skilled to Work: ServSafe certification
- Skilled to Work: Robotics
- Skilled to Work: Furniture manufacturing
- Skilled To Work: Industrial Maintenance
- Skilled to Work: Hospitality management
- Skilled to Work: Radiologic Technology
- Skilled to Work: Nursing assistant program
- Skilled to Work: Culinary arts at ICC
- Skilled to Work: Medical pathways program
- Skilled to Work: Automotive technology at ICC