BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A program at Northeast Mississippi Community College is changing the way information systems technology is viewed.
“I.T. is not just what everybody used to think was the black hole, you sit in your basement and you’re coding,” Natasha Lewis said.
Lewis is an instructor at NEMCC, and she is actively teaching new forms of technology that are beneficial in every industry.
“We have mechanics that might not have any tech skills, but they can use an iPad to run diagnostics making their jobs easier," she said. "An iPad can also be used in a hair salon to test a hair color before they make a mistake on your head."
Nick Jackson is an instructor at NEMCC who says non-traditional students shouldn’t be afraid of joining this program.
“We have a lot of non-traditional students or students that are just stepping into the tech field," he said. "This can be overwhelming for them, but we do everything we can to accommodate each student’s learning style."
This program allows you to gain certifications to head straight into the workforce, or further your education at a four-year university.
During the program and upon completion, students find the transition from school to the workforce to be smooth.
Current student, Anthony Cloutier, has already stood out in his internship by creating a valuable application that will improve inventory operations.
If you are interested in enrolling in this program, classes are available during the summer, spring and fall
To apply, contact the admissions office at NEMCC, Natasha Lewis (email@example.com) or Nick Jackson (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Skilled to Work: Information Systems Technology at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work - Collision Repair Technology at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work: Welding at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work: Radiologic Technology
- Skilled to Work: Automotive technology at ICC
- Skilled to Work: Truck drivers learn at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work: Tiger Apprenticeship Program at NEMCC
- Skilled To Work: Precision Manufacturing and Machine Technology
- Skilled to Work: Robotics
- Skilled to Work: Furniture manufacturing