TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A local company is helping people build life-long careers in the HVAC industry.
Jonathan Rayburn has been working at M&M Heating and Cooling for several years and said he loves what he does.
“Sometimes I come home dirty. Sometimes I come home clean, but it’s all fun with it," Rayburn said.
Scott Mattox, the owner of M&M Heating and Cooling, has been working in the industry for more than 20 years.
He said there is no other job like being an HVAC specialist.
HVAC specialists/technicians work with heating, ventilation and air conditioning, thus the acronym.
“There’s a lot that goes into this job, and we make sure you know these things before you go to someone’s home," Mattox said.
The company has a training room on-site to teach workers how to wire, braze and more.
There are several departments and parts of this job, but you don’t have to have prior experience to work, and internship opportunities are available for students.
Business tends to pick up in this industry as seasons change.
Mattox said this winter if you are not trained, it’s best not to force any of your air conditioning and heating systems to work.
If you’re interested in getting a diagnostic test done on your home, call M&M Heating and Cooling at 662-844-0270.
- Skilled to Work: HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning)
- Skilled to Work: Robotics
- Skilled to Work: Furniture manufacturing
- Skilled To Work: Industrial Maintenance
- Skilled to Work: Hospitality management
- Skilled to Work: Radiologic Technology
- Skilled to Work: ServSafe certification
- Skilled to Work: Nursing assistant program
- Skilled to Work: Culinary arts at ICC
- Skilled to Work: Medical pathways program