BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A program at Northeast Mississippi Community College is preparing new truck drivers through a six-week course.
Class "A" Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Training happens Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. inside of Holliday Hall on the college's campus in Booneville.
Aspiring drivers learn about safety precautions, laws and regulations. They also get to simulate driving an 18-wheeler before getting behind the wheel.
Christopher Coleman completed the program and has begun his career.
"I feel like it's my greatest accomplishment," he said.
He was incarcerated for 21 years and now has an opportunity to see the world.
For more information on the program, follow this link.
- Skilled to Work: Truck drivers learn at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work: Welding at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work - Collision Repair Technology at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work: Information Systems Technology at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work: Tiger Apprenticeship Program at NEMCC
- Skilled to Work: Robotics
- Skilled to Work: Furniture manufacturing
- Skilled To Work: Industrial Maintenance
- Skilled to Work: Hospitality management
- Skilled to Work: Radiologic Technology