JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - An elderly man from Rankin County is the sixth confirmed death from the coronavirus, the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) confirmed Thursday morning.
The man was 80-85 years old and had underlying health conditions. He died in the hospital.
The other five deaths were patients from Hancock, Holmes, Tunica, Webster and Wilkinson counties.
- Man from Jackson area is sixth coronavirus death
- Mississippi reports first coronavirus death
- Mississippi reports second coronavirus death
- Webster County man among five coronavirus deaths in Mississippi
- List of coronavirus deaths in Mississippi
- UMMC Grenada, Jackson changing visitation policy
- Coronavirus: Know the basics
- Coronavirus: Local business updates
- First coronavirus death reported in Lee County, second in Tippah County
- Report: 90-year-old Mississippi man died of coronavirus, Louisiana Dept. of Health confirms