The terms and conditions are listed below.
All ticket holders understand and agree to the terms and conditions of the United Way $50K Giveaway raffle for the benefit of United Way of Northeast Mississippi (“United Way”) set forth herein:
1. A ticket represents a chance to win the opportunity to accept an offer of the stated prize as per the terms and conditions set forth herein and in the Winner Notification Agreement.
2. The purchase of a raffle ticket constitutes full agreement by the purchaser to all terms and conditions set forth herein and in the Winner Notification Agreement.
3. If a purchaser’s check or credit card is dishonored by the bank or credit card company, the entry will be deemed invalid unless full payment is received by the end of the raffle period.
4. Purchasers of tickets must legibly write their name, address, phone number and email address (if applicable) on the purchase form.
5. Tickets may not be issued in the name of a company or business, except for non-profit organizations and churches.
6. If more than one name is listed on the ticket, the first name listed shall be considered the “entrant”, unless the ticket is in a Mr. & Mrs. format for a married couple in which case the proceeds will be payable jointly to both individuals. United Way will and can have no obligation for delivery of any prize to any person other than the entrant.
7. Tickets will go on sale at 8 a.m. on November 8, 2019.
8. Mailed application forms must be postmarked by January 31, 2020; and phone or text orders must be received by 5 p.m. CST, January 31, 2020; and online orders must be received by 8 p.m. CST, on January 31, 2020, to be eligible for the drawing.
9. A maximum of 4,000 tickets will be sold.
10. United Way reserves the right to conduct additional drawings throughout the raffle. These additional drawings are three incentives: 1) One Loyalty incentive offered to previous buyers of a Mall at Barnes Crossing shopping spree valued at up to $1,000; 2) One Disney vacation package valued at $4,000; 3) One Best Buy gift card valued at $2,500. All additional raffle winners will remain eligible for the $50K Giveaway raffle to be held on Friday, February 14, 2020.
11. After the raffle ticket drawing winner is selected on February 14, 2020, the United Way will forward the winner a Winner Notification Agreement and Form W-9, to be sent via certified, return receipt U.S. Mail to the address provided on the raffle ticket (the "Winner's Address.") The winner will have ten (10) calendar days from the date United Way mails the Winner Notification Agreement and Form W-9 to the Winner’s Address to accept the cash prize in the amount of $50,000.00 (less applicable taxes) by executing and returning to United Way of Northeast Mississippi the signed Winner Notification Agreement and Form W-9 pursuant to the terms and conditions stated therein. Upon receipt of the Winner Notification Agreement and Form W-9 within the time described herein, the cash prize of $50,000.00 (less applicable taxes) will be tendered to the winner within thirty (30) calendar days from the date of the winner's acceptance of the cash price as evidenced by execution of the Winner Notification Agreement. If the executed Winner Notification Agreement and Form W-9 are not received by United Way within said period, the prize will be automatically forfeited by the drawing winner and all proceeds will go to the United Way of Northeast Mississippi.
12. The winner of the United Way $50K Giveaway raffle is subject to any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes payable due to the winner's acceptance of the cash prize. All such applicable taxes will be deducted from the $50,000 cash prize prior to disbursement of the net prize amount to the winner.
13. By acceptance of the cash prize, the winner grants to United Way the right to use the names, pictures, video images and relevant quotes of winner.
14. The $100 ticket price, payable to United Way, is not deductible for federal income tax purposes.
15. The winner need not be present at the drawing to be held on Friday, February 14, 2020 at a location yet to be determined.
16. Participants must be twenty-one (21) years or older as of date of entry.
17. Void where prohibited by law.
18. The employed staff of the United Way and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate. United Way board members and their spouses are not eligible to participate.
19. Winner releases United Way, its employees, board members, volunteers and anyone associated with this raffle from any liability arising directly or indirectly from the winner’s participation in the event.
20. Ticket sales and drawing entries will be verified by an independent accounting firm.
21. Raffle proceeds will be used first to pay United Way administrative costs to conduct the United Way $50K Giveaway raffle. All remaining proceeds will benefit the United Way of Northeast Mississippi.