Apps | Mobile | Alerts
 

George improving, still yet to be cleared

Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 5/23 4:49 pm

Indianapolis, IN (SportsNetwork.com) - Paul George told reporters Friday that he hasn't been experiencing any effects from the concussion he sustained in Tuesday's Game 2 of the Eastern Conference finals, though the Indiana Pacers forward's status for Saturday's matchup with the Miami Heat remains in question.

George said he's been symptom-free for the last two days, but has yet to fully complete the NBA's concussion protocol. Pacers head coach Frank Vogel called the All-Star a game-day decision for Saturday's critical Game 3.

"I've did about two or three tests so far, just a little bit of stuff left in order to be cleared," said George.

George was optimistic that he'll receive clearance to participate when the series shifts to Miami on Saturday, however.

"I want to say 100 [percent] that I could and possibly should be out there," George stated.

George was injured by a knee to the back of his head from the Heat's Dwyane Wade with 6:50 remaining in Miami's 87-83 win in Game 2, which evened the series at 1-1.

The Pacers' medical staff did not initially suspect a concussion because George immediately denied all symptoms of dizziness, nausea, and issues with vision. It was not until after the game that George stated that he blacked out on the play.

After further testing and evaluation on Wednesday morning, the team's consulting neurologist confirmed that George suffered a concussion.

Share
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.

Copyright 2014 WTVA Inc. | Terms Of Use | Privacy | EEO Report | FCC Public Inspection File