WINONA, Miss. (WTVA) — Classes will be canceled Tuesday after a fire damaged the gym at Winona Christian School.
It happened around 11:30 a.m. Monday.
Headmaster Cameron Wright says a handful of children were in the gym when the fire started. They got out safely.
He adds the fire burned the roof, walls and floor of the gym and left behind smoke damage to the bleachers and stage.
According to Wright, the fire may have been caused by an electrical problem in a wall.
He expects classes to resume Wednesday.