MOOREVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A fire early Tuesday destroyed Wicks n' More on Highway 371 North in Mooreville.
Firemen responded around 2:00 a-m and say when they arrived, the back half of the building had already burned to the ground.
Officials say no one was there at the time.
Smoke continued to rise from the candle manufacturing facility during the day Tuesday.
Multiple fire departments battled the blaze and kept it from spreading to a nearby business, Mooreville Rent-All, which is very close to Wicks n' More.
Fire investigators will spend time at the scene trying to determine exactly how the fire started.
In the meantime, word spread quickly around this community about the fire.
Employees and customers alike at businesses like Hair Handlers say a big concern of theirs is what happens to the people who work at the company.
Chelley Patterson said, "We just hope the best for everybody and hope they can get back on their feet soon."
Steve Curbow said, "It's a bad deal, especially for the people who work there. They're depending on it to take care of their families. It's not a good deal at all."
A Wicks n' More spokesman says close to twelve people work at the facility, which has been in Mooreville around two and a half years.
Back at Hair Handlers, people say the loss of a business and the uncertainty of what will happen next is something no community ever wants to face.