COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) -- KiOR officials say they are seeing an increase in output from operations at its Columbus facility.
Company officials say the they producted 172,398 gallons of fuel in July and August, bringing the 2013 production total at the plant to 357,532 gallons.
Gasoline and diesel made up 83 percent of production, with the remaining 17 percent consisting of fuel oil.
Officials say production from Columbus during July and August exceeded total second quarter production by nearly 40,000 gallons.
As of August 31, 2013, Columbus has shipped 199,071 gallons of fuel since the beginning of 2013 and the Company expects to continue shipping fuel produced in July and August during the month of September.
The company uses a process to turn cellulosic material into synthetic crude, then converts it to gasoline and diesel.