HOUSTON, Miss. (WTVA) -- A fire has left a Houston business owner out of work and customers without clothes.
The front half of Aaron's Dry Cleaners was destroyed when a fire spread through the business Tuesday night.
The owner, Kelly Rooker, spent most of the morning apologizing to her customers for the loss.
All of the records and 99 percent of all the clothes at the cleaners were destroyed.
"The fire marshals came in this morning. They looked around, not real sure. They speculated it could have been a space heater in the office under a desk [that caused the fire]," said Jeff Jones, Houston firefighter.
Jones said it took firefighters a couple hours to gain control of the blaze, but not before it charred most of the clothes.
Billy Hatley said he found out through Facebook that Aaron's had burned. He said he put several things in the cleaners earlier that day.
"I've been riding around with them [clothes] for about a week in the car and I finally decided well I'm gonna put my clothes in the cleaners. If I had waited just one more day," said Hatley.
Mac Douglas said he rushed right over when he heard the news.
"First thing that came to my mind was I hope they had insurance," Douglas said.
The owner said she does not have insurance to pay for the clothes destroyed.
Douglas said he doesn't blame anyone for the fire, he said he hopes someone will figure out something.
"It's gonna take a lot of money to replace what I had," said Douglas.