Apps | Mobile | Alerts
 

Houlka school fire ruled accidental

(Courtesy of Gene Redwine)
(Courtesy of Gene Redwine)
Set Text Size SmallSet Text Size MediumSet Text Size LargeSet Text Size X-Large
Share
Updated: 8/01 3:48 pm
NEW HOULKA, Miss. (WTVA) — A fire that destroyed part of the Houlka Attendance Center has been ruled accidental due to human error.

Chickasaw County Chief Deputy Myers says a worker who was helping renovate the building Wednesday was fitting pipes with a small blow torch and caught some of the insulation on fire.

From there, the fire spread throughout the building which held the fifth and sixth grade classes.

The building also housed the school's auditorium.

Despite the fire, teachers are getting ready for the first day of classes next week at the Houlka Attendance Center.

An open house will be held at the school Friday evening.
Share
Inergize Digital This site is hosted and managed by Inergize Digital.
Mobile advertising for this site is available on Local Ad Buy.

Copyright 2014 WTVA Inc. | Terms Of Use | Privacy | EEO Report | FCC Public Inspection File