Matt's 6:30pm Wednesday Forecast

Matt's 6:30pm Wednesday Forecast

Posted: Wed May 23 16:58:23 PDT 2018
Updated: Wed May 23 16:58:23 PDT 2018

Speech to Text for Matt's 6:30pm Wednesday Forecast

Below is the closed-captioning text associated with this video. Since this uses automated speech to text spelling and grammar may not be accurate.

spotty storm chances turn widespread by the holiday the pattern turns much more tropical by the holiday weekend as a sub tropical disturbance moves in from central america. the exact track of this storm system will have a big impact on whether or not it's a complete washout, but there is still some hope to get some hot and (relatively) dry weather for the lake. at this point, rain chances definitely look greatest by memorial day itself. in the near term, we expect spotty showers to diminish as we head into the overnight time. with temperatures dropping into the lower 70s by early thursday morning. thursday is highs will be in the upper 80s and lower 90s with the coverage of rainfall at around 20% meaning much of the area remaining dry. by friday, though, a few disturbances could lead to slightly greater rain chances. we're going up to 40% coverage of those showers and thunderstorms on friday with high temperatures in the upper 80s. saturday watches rain chance is holder at 30 to 40% perhaps being a little bit drier than friday, but there's a clear distinction on the increasing rain chances by sunday and monday as tropical moisture moved into the area. we expect rain coverage is up to 50 to 60% for sunday and monday and really into next week. there are some indications that that same tropical disturbance could linger for maybe even middle to the latter part of next week, though certainly the greatest potential is going to be to our east. temperatures, as a result of this somewhat widespread rain potential, should be limited to the middle to in some cases upper 80s from saturday through the middle of next week. this is typical for this time of the year, but the heat index should be pushing near 100 if you get a lot of sunshine on those days. drink beverages that rehydrate, like water, if you're choosing to drink other beverages or spend excessive amounts of time outside. remember. you can still get some burns even on a cloudy day because clouds don't necessarily block harmful ultraviolet radiation. the nfl announced policy changes today that will require players to stand for the national anthem before games if they are on the field.... nfl commissioner roger goodell and select owners announced the changes today at the league's spring owner's spotty storm chances turn widespread by the holiday the pattern turns much more tropical by the holiday weekend as a sub tropical disturbance moves in from central america. the exact track of this storm system will have a big impact on whether or not it's a complete washout, but there is still some hope to get some hot and (relatively) dry weather for the lake. at this point, rain chances definitely look greatest by memorial day itself. in the near term, we expect spotty showers to diminish as we head into the overnight time. with temperatures dropping into the lower 70s by early thursday morning. thursday is highs will be in the upper 80s and lower 90s with the coverage of rainfall at around 20% meaning much of the area remaining dry. by friday, though, a few disturbances could lead to slightly greater rain chances. we're going up to 40% coverage of those showers and thunderstorms on friday with high temperatures in the upper 80s. saturday watches rain chance is holder at 30 to 40% perhaps being a little bit drier than friday, but there's a clear distinction on the increasing rain chances by sunday and monday as tropical moisture moved into the area. we expect rain coverage is up to 50 to 60% for sunday and monday and really into next week. there are some indications that that same tropical disturbance could linger for maybe even middle to the latter part of next week, though certainly the greatest potential is going to be to our east. temperatures, as a result of this somewhat widespread rain potential, should be limited to the middle to in some cases upper 80s from saturday through the middle of next week. this is typical for this time of the year, but the heat index should be pushing near 100 if you get a lot of sunshine on those days. drink beverages that rehydrate, like water, if you're choosing to drink other beverages or spend excessive amounts of time outside. remember. you can still get some burns even on a cloudy day because clouds don't necessarily block harmful ultraviolet radiation. spotty storm chances turn widespread by the holiday the pattern turns much more tropical by the holiday weekend as a sub tropical disturbance moves in from central america. the exact track of this storm system will have a big impact on whether or not it's a complete washout, but there is still some hope to get some hot and (relatively) dry weather for the lake. at this point, rain chances definitely look greatest by memorial day itself. in the near term, we expect spotty showers to diminish as we head into the overnight time. with temperatures dropping into the lower 70s by early thursday morning.
Tupelo
Scattered Clouds
93° wxIcon
Hi: 93° Lo: 71°
Feels Like: 101°
Columbus
Scattered Clouds
85° wxIcon
Hi: 90° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 94°
Oxford
Broken Clouds
91° wxIcon
Hi: 91° Lo: 69°
Feels Like: 97°
Starkville
Clear
82° wxIcon
Hi: 92° Lo: 66°
Feels Like: 91°
WTVA Radar
WTVA Temperatures
WTVA Severe Weather