HUNTSVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Police say man accused of strangling his 83-year-old mother to death in a Huntsville home has been arrested.
Huntsville police spokesman Lt. Michael Johnson told news outlets that 57-year-old Donald Mann was arrested after his mother Betty Scale was found dead at the home Sunday. Mann told investigators that he strangled the victim several weeks ago.
Police say Mann is being held at the Madison County Jail on a murder charge. Bail has not been set, and it's unclear if he has an attorney.
- Woman, 83, found dead; son booked into jail
- Sheriff: Meth found on woman booked into jail
- Man, woman found dead in apartment
- Woman looking for 'sweet and funny and cute' officer who booked her in Jeff Co. Jail
- Dead rodent, maggots found in Gilbert woman's car
- Taxi driver detained after British woman found dead in Beirut
- DA identifies woman, children found dead inside West Brookfield home
- Missing Mississippi woman, 30, found dead in Florida
- Mississippi high school graduation rate at record 83 percent
- Inmate found dead in Alamance County jail after complaining of flu-like symptoms