JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - University of Mississippi Medical Center and Vanderbilt University Medical Center have reached an agreement to help one another.
allows the two institutions to form and to share new clinical programs and services;
provides a pathway for UMMC and VUMC to formally collaborate on a broad range of health and wellness initiatives and clinical services;
allows the two institutions to jointly collaborate on medical innovation programs and clinical research opportunities; and
positions both organizations to explore opportunities for collaboration in medical education and training.
"VUMC and UMMC share the common goal of improving the health of the populations we serve through outstanding patient care, biomedical research and teaching," O'Mara said. "As the leading academic medical centers in our respective adjoining states, we also face many of the same or similar opportunities and challenges in today's changing health care landscape.
Patients in Mississippi and Tennessee can benefit from shared evidence-based practices in areas of common interest, while clinicians and researchers will have new opportunities for cross-institutional collaboration.
- UMMC, Vanderbilt reach agreement
- UMMC provides mental telehealth for McComb students
- UMMC to stop accepting Blue Cross/Blue Shield policies
- UMMC, Anderson Regional affiliation to strengthen health care in East Mississippi
- Leaders: No agreement on more money for Mississippi highways
- Developers have agreement to buy hotel, water park
- Jackson mayor says he's working to speed street-paving agreements
- Equifax must boost security under new agreement with states