BILOXI, Miss. (AP) — A teenager who police say was trying to cross railroad tracks was struck by a train in Mississippi.
News outlets report that Maj. Chris DeBack with Biloxi police says the minor attempted to run across the tracks on Saturday afternoon at the Nichols Street crossing. Authorities say the teen sustained non-life-threatening injuries and was transported to the hospital. His current condition is unknown.
No further details have been released. The incident is under investigation.
- Teen hit by train sustains non-life-threatening injuries
- Mississippi teen jailed on charges he threatened shooting
- Mobile man gets life sentence in teen's slaying
- Residents threaten to sue city over flooding
- Alabama inmate dies from injuries after falling 12 feet
- Redskins 1st-rounder Payne out 2-3 weeks with ankle injury
- Teen charged in shooting death of Tennessee teen in Alabama
- Sheriff: Day care worker 'hero,' blocked threatening gunman
- Mississippi House threatens Medicaid budget in rules dispute
- Man struck by train in Hattiesburg