BROOKHAVEN, Miss. (AP) — A Mississippi woman injured by a man who killed her husband has been released from the hospital and is recovering.
Helen Funk tells The Daily Leader that her sister, Kathryn Peavey, is living with her son, who pastors a Baptist church in Columbia.
Authorities say Peavey was beaten in the head by Tony Wilson on Dec. 19 at her home near Jayess. They say Wilson also shot and killed her husband, Henry Peavey, and set two houses on fire.
Wilson vanished into the woods of south Lawrence County until he was spotted on New Year's Day. Lawrence County Sheriff Lessie Butler says Wilson shot and killed himself after police arrived.
Officials have said Wilson disputed Henry Peavey's ownership of a piece of land, which appears to have sparked the violence.
Information from: The Daily Leader, http://www.dailyleader.com
- Sister says woman injured in shooting and arson recovering
- Woman arrested after sister's body found in house
- Teen charged with manslaughter in sister's shooting death
- Missing child recovered in Lee County
- Jackson firefighter expected to recover from burns
- Man accused of arson at Mississippi college free on bail
- Alabama police charge homeless man in 2 arson fires
- Mississippi house fire where man found dead ruled an arson
- Man arrested after shooting death of man, injuring 4 others
- New Year's Day shooting leaves 1 dead, 1 injured