Scroll for more content...
Calhoun County Sheriff Matthew Wade tells AL.com that 23-year-old Daniel Blake Turner had been blocked by a day care worker from entering the building Wednesday afternoon. The worker's name hasn't been released but Wade called her "a hero," and said no child was injured.
Wade says Turner also threatened to drive his truck into the day care before deciding to leave. Wade says Turner had voluntarily gone to his office after he got Turner's phone number and called Turner.
County District Attorney Brian McVeigh charged Turner with felony making a terroristic threat. It's unclear if Turner has a lawyer.
- Sheriff: Day care worker 'hero,' blocked threatening gunman
- House committee approves day care regulation bill
- Alabama reschedules execution previously blocked by court
- Judge temporarily blocks 15-week abortion ban
- Judge says law blocking killer's parole unconstitutional
- Sheriff: High schooler made shooting threat, wanted day off
- Residents threaten to sue city over flooding
- Director: Mississippi foster care has budget shortfall
- Ivey signs health care contract for prisons
- Inmate assault puts cell block on lockdown in Mississippi