JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi State Department of Health confirms a second pediatric flu death for the 2017-2018 flu season.
The death occurred in Central Mississippi.
Pediatric deaths are defined as deaths of individuals under the age of 18.
The first death was reported in South Mississippi in late-January.
There have been a total of 18 pediatric flu deaths reported in Mississippi since pediatric flu deaths became reportable in the 2008-2009 flu season.
As of February 10, there have been 84 pediatric flu deaths reported this season nationwide.
- Second pediatric flu death confirmed this season
- MSDH reports first pediatric flu death of 2017-2018 season
- Mississippi records third pediatric flu death of 2017-18 season
- Mississippi man confirmed as Veterans Affairs undersecretary
- Tornado confirmed in Mississippi; some damage reported
- Alabama lawyer confirmed as federal district judge
- US flu season off to an early start; widespread in 7 states
- Hattiesburg council confirms police chief to remain on job
- Senate confirms Bryant choices for agencies, College Board
- Tornado confirmed in Mississippi town from Monday storm