OXFORD, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say two women lured an Alabama motel owner into their room and tried to kill him.
Al.com reported Wednesday that Keandra Morgan and Keshawanna Parker, both 26, were charged with attempted murder and robbery.
Oxford police Capt. L.G. Owens says the women summoned the victim to the room they had rented by telling him they had found rodents. Once the victim was inside, he was assaulted, choked and tied up.
The victim's vehicle, phone, wallet, credit cards and an undisclosed amount of cash were taken.
After the women were identified as suspects, warrants were issued, and the women were arrested in Mississippi. They were then extradited back to Alabama.
News outlets did not report if they have lawyers.
- Police: Women robbed, tried to kill motel owner
- Fire destroys motel in Houston
- UPDATE: Police search for person of interest in motel homicide
- Cougar found inside Oregon motel euthanized
- Police: Man arrested for robbing a child
- SE Portland smoke shop owner robbed at gunpoint while talking to his mom on FaceTime
- MPD: Aspiring rapper robbed Wingstop to get owner Rick Ross's attention
- Family of Motel 6 homicide victim speaks out
- Machine gun-wielding suspects sought after woman carjacked outside motel
- UPDATE: Bond denied for Motel 6 shooting suspect