PRATTVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a nude man forced his way into an Alabama home and tried to sexually assault a woman.
Prattville Police Chief Mark Thompson tells The Montgomery Advertiser that 47-year-old Eric Lamont Barnes was charged with attempted sexual assault and burglary Monday.
Thompson says residents of the home told police that Barnes tried to sexually assault a woman living there. Authorities say Barnes fled after a physical encounter with the victim and witnesses inside the home.
The newspaper reports that Barnes couldn't be reached for comment and that courthouse records show he doesn't have an attorney.
- Police: Nude man forces his way into Alabama home
- Alabama iron man, Vulcan, to join forces with history center
- Alabama Juvenile Justice Task Force delivers recommendations
- Police: Heroin, marijuana found in raid of Alabama home
- Police: 4 arrested in Alabama for shooting into home, cars
- Police: Man dies after being shot at a home in Alabama
- 26-year-old Alabama man killed in shooting at a home
- Unruly traveler forces jet to make unscheduled Alabama stop
- Alabama House votes to reinstate school security task force
- Alabama police probe moonshine operation