PRATTVILLE, Ala. (AP) — Authorities say a nude man forced his way into an Alabama home and tried to sexually assault a woman.
Prattville Police Chief Mark Thompson tells The Montgomery Advertiser that 47-year-old Eric Lamont Barnes was charged with attempted sexual assault and burglary Monday.
Thompson says residents of the home told police that Barnes tried to sexually assault a woman living there. Authorities say Barnes fled after a physical encounter with the victim and witnesses inside the home.
The newspaper reports that Barnes couldn't be reached for comment and that courthouse records show he doesn't have an attorney.
- Police: Nude man forces his way into Alabama home
- Skiers shed clothes for nude calendar (photos)
- Former staffers plead guilty for spreading nude images of lawmaker
- Coach abused me and took nude photos, former swimmer says
- Dare to bare: 15 of the world's best nude beaches
- Alabama iron man, Vulcan, to join forces with history center
- Alabama Juvenile Justice Task Force delivers recommendations
- Police: Heroin, marijuana found in raid of Alabama home
- Police: 4 arrested in Alabama for shooting into home, cars
- Exonerated man forced to wear ankle monitor