BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Police say a bystander was killed after gunfire erupted in a Birmingham neighborhood.
Birmingham police Sgt. Bryan Shelton tells AL.com that a man in his 50s was standing outside his own vehicle when he was shot while people in other vehicles were shooting at each other Thursday.
The man died at the hospital. He has not been identified.
Shelton says police do not have a description of the suspect or the cars involved.
- Police: Bystander fatally shot in crossfire in Birmingham
- Woman shot to death inside Birmingham home
- Teen bystander shot in head at Alabama recreation center
- Birmingham Police officer arrested, released on bond
- Birmingham police chief steps down amid protection order
- Police identify teen couple fatally shot in Alabama
- Police: Alabama mall manager fatally shot, 3 in custody
- Police: 1-year-old fatally shot at home in possible accident
- Police: Mississippi teen fatally shot, 2 people charged
- Birmingham-Shuttlesworth airport's CEO to retire