VALLEY, Ala. (AP) — Police say an Alabama woman is charged with murder in her mother's death.
The Opelika-Auburn News reports Valley police say in a statement that 43-year-old Heather Lea Christenson told investigators on Tuesday that she killed 79-year-old Francis Jane McDonald. Christenson told police McDonald was her mother and that they lived together at the home where McDonald died.
Police say investigators began interviewing Christenson after suspecting McDonald was a homicide victim. Investigators have not immediately determined the cause of McDonald's death. They said an autopsy would be done at the state Forensics lab in Montgomery on Wednesday.
Christenson was taken to the Chambers County Detention Facility. It is unclear if she has a lawyer.
- Police: Alabama woman charged with murder in mother's death
- Charge against mother in infant's death upgraded to murder
- Authorities: Man charged with murder in his mother's death
- Alabama woman facing rape charge
- Ex-police recruit charged with murder in Alabama shooting
- Former North Alabama player charged in murder
- Mother charged in death of boy found in hotel freezer
- Mother: Alabama police beat black 17-year-old son
- Man charged with murder in deaths of wife, stepdaughter
- Mom faces 2nd-degree murder charge in infant's hot car death