PEARL, Miss. (WTVA) - Earlier this month actress Octavia Spencer announced plans to buy out a theater to give underprivileged children a chance to see the new Marvel movie "Black Panther".
Wednesday Spencer announced she purchased screenings at the Cinemark Theater in Pearl. The screenings will be on February 17 at 11:00 a.m., 1:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m.
Spencer won an Academy Award as Best Supporting Actress for her role in "The Help" which set and filmed in Mississippi.
- Octavia Spencer announces showing of Black Panther in Mississippi
- Historically black Mississippi schools get Nissan donation
- Mississippi governor announces July special House election
- FBI, Mississippi agents probe hanging of black man from tree
- Mississippi college giving posthumous degree to black vet
- Mississippi announces dead deer found with fatal disease
- Senator: Capitol art should also show black Mississippians
- Mississippi election results
- Mississippi inmate dies in Parchman